Sub accounts are set up for authorised persons or groups of persons that are part of the organisation. The purpose of sub-accounts is to manage your team at a more detailed level. Prior to trading, you must create a new sub account. Your firm must have at least one sub account, although you may have as many as you wish.
Creating sub-accounts will allow you to do the following:
- Set bespoke risk limits at a level below your organisations default limits;
- Assign certain traders to specific sub accounts, allowing you to manage your trading personnel and risk exposure;
- If you have multiple CME clearing accounts, you can specify to which clearing account trading activity attributed to that sub account will be sent. Please note, if this is not set, the default clearing account (i.e. at the Organisational level) will be used.
- Assign separate Deribit API keys to a unique sub-account.
- View and manage the authorised persons associated with each sub account
- Allocate to which email address your trading confirmations are sent. You can set as many fields as you wish.
skew. Hub > Trading > Sub Accounts
Please note, there is no naming convention for your sub account, however, names must be professional in nature and you may be mandated to amend the names of accounts if skew. determines the name to be in breach of its rules.