At skew. we take your security seriously. For this reason, we have added the option to enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) to your account. By enabling MFA, you add an additional layer of security to your account that helps to ensure you are the only one with access. We highly recommend enabling this feature.
How to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
skew. currently offers the ability to add multi-factor authentication to your account for login by using google authenticator. Instructions on how to set that up are explicated below.
Your First Log In
Upon logging in for the first time, you will be asked if you would like to enable MFA. By selecting 'Enable MFA' you will be taken to the security section of your account, where you can complete the setup (please refer to the next section). If you would not like to add MFA to your account, you can also select 'Skip'. You will not be asked to set up your MFA again.
Steps to Enable MFA
The following steps are necessary in order to enable MFA from your account at sign up any time. If you are setting up MFA from sign in please skip the first two steps. Simply follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your 'Manage Account' > 'Security'.
- Select Multi-Factor Authentication. You will now see the first step of setup.
- Download and install Google Authenticator by following the link to the relevant app store, if you do not already have it.
- Scan the QR code using your authenticator app, or manually enter the code provided. Once either of those processes have been completed successfully, you will have a 6 digit number in your authentication app that changes every 30 seconds.
- Make a record of your recovery code in a private and secure place. You will be able to use this in the event of losing access to your authentication app.
- Enter that 6 digit code, as it appears on your app, into the input field. Once you have entered the code correctly, you will be shown a confirmation message, and your setup is complete.